Architecture & Construction
Transforming Building Experiences with AV
Modern audio visual technologies are helping transform the ways people experience buildings and how they interact within them. As video becomes more ubiquitous in daily life and AV components become more affordable to buy and maintain, we are seeing extraordinary new applications and broader usage of video in modern commercial buildings.
- Video walls in lobbies and on facades deliver stunning artistic and brands statements
- Collaboration-ready conference rooms and huddle spaces connect teams
- Display-filled command centers keep security and IT operations running smoothly
- Digital signage streamlines wayfinding and flexible message distribution
- Transparent video brings balcony rails and retail windows to life
VSGi has years of experience working with architects, interior designers, and general contractors to seamlessly integrate electronics into corporate, government, hospital and education facilities. We work collaboratively to ensure that each building’s AV systems and components are carefully selected and fully integrated to enhance the desired décor and space usability.
Full Project Lifecycle Support
For new construction and major redevelopment projects, we like to make our experienced project teams available to our architecture and construction partners during all stages of the project.
Planning & Programming
As you begin researching and planning how much space will be needed and what must be supported, VSGi can make early technology recommendations and help you plan how to accommodate them within the designs
As your vision comes into greater focus and your team begins creating schematic designs and elevations, our experts can add significant value. The power and bandwidth requirements for optimal AV experiences are so much easier and less expensive when planned early in the design process. We can help prevent costly changes later in the process.
As you begin designing internal layouts and designs, we can help with recommendations for and sourcing of fixtures and furnishings that specifically support user experiences with video. From special types of display mounts to microphone selection to furniture with heat dissipation features to window treatments that can automatically close when a meeting begins. With advanced planning, adding those wow factor details into each room can be less costly and much easier than you might expect.
If you have engaged with an integration firm early, you can be much more confident when specifying equipment requirements for the bidding stage.
With a specialized project management team, VSGi proactively coordinates installation to minimize change orders and maximize efficiency. We offer significant logistical support and flexibility during the construction phase, including:
- Flexible installation appointments to accommodate scheduling changes
- Careful timing of equipment shipments to both ensure timely installation and minimize product damage
- Pre-integration staging options for pre-configuration, programming and rack fabrication at VSGi facilities to streamline on-site implementation
Throughout the process, we are committed to helping you deliver the best quality and highest value real estate assets for your customers and the best daily experiences for the people working in the spaces you create.