Every business and organization has different needs when it comes to video conferencing and collaboration technology. Needs can vary widely based on not only the audience you’re trying to reach, but your physical environment. What works for some organizations often does not work for others.
Unfortunately, not every vendor offers the same level of customization. Some sell a one-size-fits-all package to all customers, while others try to push certain products or technologies just because they have a relationship with the manufacturer, not because those solutions are the perfect fit. When you’re searching for a video conferencing vendor, finding one that will customize a system to meet the exact needs of your business or organization is crucial.
Why Is Customization So Important?
A small, local organization that is looking to purchase a video conferencing system for just one room will have very different needs than an international company that is looking to outfit 35 rooms and foster collaboration across multiple sites around the globe. There’s no one-size-fits-all approach that creates an ideal collaboration environment for both organizations.
The audience you’re trying to reach is also a huge factor – a system designed for long-term employees who will gain familiarity with it over time should be created differently than one that will be used for one-time training purposes. If your video conferencing vendor is not willing to invest the time in to understanding the unique needs of your business, there’s likely a better vendor out there.
When you’re searching for a vendor, you should expect a solution that:
- Creates a common user experience – Users across separate locations should – ideally – have the same experience when it comes to using video conferencing equipment. The technology should work the same way, no matter where the person is located. This fosters better collaboration and eliminates technology problems that get in the way of good communication. If people are traveling from one location to another, there’s no learning curve when it comes to using the equipment.
- Is repeatable – The best systems allow for hassle-free growth by being repeatable. The system that is designed for one location can easily be expanded to another location without reinventing the wheel.
- Avoids unnecessary purchases – Building a collaboration system or improving the one you have shouldn’t mean getting rid of all your existing equipment. If some of the products and technology you already own are workable, why replace them? Vendors that offer a one-size-fits-all solution might try to sell you products that are unnecessary just because they’re trying to push the products, not because you actually need them for successful collaboration.
An ideal video conferencing system strikes a balance between all three by creating a solution that is uniquely customized to the needs of your business, while also keeping in mind scalability and the equipment you already have for cost savings. No two organizations are alike, so no two video conferencing systems should be alike.
Video Conferencing Products
Polycom, an industry leader in collaboration technologies, offers many products that foster seamless collaboration, even across multiple locations. The experience is like being in the same room, even when you’re oceans away. Products include:
- Polycom RealPresence Trio – Smart hub technology that delivers the best-ever audio experience from the huddle room to the boardroom, making every spoken word clear. Capture the most soft-spoken person clearly from anywhere in the room. In addition to superior sound quality, the technology offers a level of no-hassle, easy-to-use visual collaboration that was previously cost prohibitive.
- Polycom RealPresence Centro – A solution that defies distance by ensuring the technology is no longer a distraction, but a vehicle for seamless engagement and interaction. Designed for small groups and classrooms, RealPresence Centro is a collaboration and content-sharing hub that gives every participant equality of contribution, no matter where they are located. It also includes an intelligent 360-degree camera that captures everyone in the room, even as they walk around.
VSGi and Polycom have partnered to provide organizations with outstanding and seamless collaboration solutions. Using Polycom’s industry-leading collaboration technologies, VSGi designs, sells and supports video conferencing and AV integration for conference rooms, board rooms, offices, educational facilities and more. The partnership between these industry leaders offers organizations the most advanced technology at an affordable cost to foster true collaboration, even across multiple locations.