AV Helpdesk Technician
VSGi has immediate openings for Videoconferencing and AV Helpdesk Technicians. This is a tremendous opportunity for a talented professional to advance their career in one of the fastest growing technology industries and to continue to develop and expand their skills by working with one of the most tenured technical teams in the industry.
The position(s) will be based in VSGi’s McLean, VA headquarters or a Remote Home Office in the U.S. and requires the ability to work varying eight (8) hour shifts between 8AM-8:30PM EST. The position requires the individual to provide after-hour support in the evenings and weekends based on an alternating on-call schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd level technical support to VSGi’s customers in support of videoconferencing and integrated A/V equipment, infrastructure hardware/software, network and manage service contracts
- Provide extensive trouble-shooting, installation, configuration, and testing of videoconferencing, A/V equipment (videoconferencing, multimedia, audiovisual, DSPs, projection systems, displays, cameras, microphones, integrated A/V systems, touch-panel, streaming technologies, etc.) and other collaboration technologies
- Ability to review A/V wiring diagrams for troubleshooting and isolating technical issues
- Monitor assigned queues, voicemail, website and other incoming communication methods for customer technical service requests for support
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, contact information, detail of the problem or issue, and each step to resolution
- Communicate with internal customers, team members and management timely including status updates on customer cases.
- Facilitate the opening, trouble-shooting, and closure of ISDN and IP network trouble-tickets with 3rd party carriers in support of VSGi customer issues
- Coordinate equipment RMAs and replacement parts with equipment manufactures and the dispatch of onsite service technicians
- Provide internal network administration, infrastructure and IT support
- Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism and customer support
- Participate and successfully complete partner vendor certification courses and exams
- Other duties as may be assigned by management
- 5-10 years of related experience in support and trouble-shooting of videoconferencing and A/V technologies and networks
- BA or BS degree desired and/or equivalent work experience
- Strong knowledge of Polycom, Cisco, Vidyo videoconferencing systems/endpoints required
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, Exchange, Skype for business preferred
- Strong knowledge and experience trouble-shooting complex integrated A/V solutions, peripherals and technologies (Extron, AMX, Crestron, BiAmp, SMART, RevoLabs, and etc.)
- Demonstrated experience trouble-shooting, installing and configuring Polycom, Cisco, and Vidyo videoconferencing infrastructure; RPCS, RMX, DMA, RPAD, Resource Manager, MSE & Codian MCUs, VCS Control and Expressway,. TMS, CMS, VidyoRouters, VidyoGateways, VidyoPortals and other in hardware and software
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and networking
- Knowledge and familiarity with the integration, configuration and trouble-shooting of Crestron and AMX control systems
- Certified Video Engineer (CVE) preferred
- CTS Certification preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of H.323, H.320 and SIP networks
- Working knowledge of videoconferencing standards
- VoIP and networking experience a plus
- Strong customer service and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise good judgment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Solid problem solving and consultative skills in a fast paced environment
Visual Systems Group, Inc. (VSGi) is a nationwide system integrator with a twenty year track record of delivering unsurpassed solutions, service, and products providing end-to-end voice, video, collaboration and networks in the videoconferencing, VoIP and communications industry.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete this application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.