Crestron and/or AMX Programmer
VSGI is in search of a Crestron and/or AMX Programmers in our office location in Mclean, VA. We would like you to join our team working on the latest in Low Voltage system designs, including Video and Audio conferencing, Video display wall & Operations centers, Sound Systems, Houses of Worship, Educational facilities, video streaming and Corporate Boardrooms, just to name a few. This position is Client facing; Candidates will be expected to work on assignments without direct supervision, and must present well. This position requires some lite travel, typically in the continental US, but occasionally international.
- Course work or direct experience in analog/digital signals, electronics, or logic design.
- 2-3 years programming Crestron and/or AMX systems.
- Experience installing and testing code onsite.
- Completed Crestron courses 1, 2 and 3 ideally with CAIP or soon to achieve this status.
- Completed or willing to obtain AMX ACE certification programming courses
- CTS, CTS-I and CTS-D are highly desirable and other manufactures certifications a plus
- Experience with installing and testing programs in the field.
- Hardware logic design experience.
- Experience working with various control methods and protocols (TCP/IP, RS232, etc.).
- Audio/video system design and engineering experience.
- Must have advanced skills configuring Extron control systems.
- Must have advanced skills setting up audio and video conferencing systems.
- Capable of properly configure DSP devices including Clear One, Vortex, Biamp
- Must have advanced skills configuring a wired or wireless TCP/IP network.
- Must have proficiency setting audio gain stages and adjusting common audio equipment.
- Touch panel layout and design experience.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problem installations at a system and component level.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Programming Crestron and/or AMX control systems.
- Contributing to the ongoing development of our templates and methodology.
- Installing, testing and supporting Crestron and/or AMX control system code and graphics, both on-site and remotely.
- Provide field support and expertise to the installation staff on jobs utilizing a combined skill set of advanced programming, equipment configuration, troubleshooting, documentation, etc.
- Provide advanced programming and graphic touch panel interface layouts for integrated audiovisual systems using various source code including Crestron, AMX, Extron and others as needed.
- Responsible for organizing, maintaining and archiving all job related code, graphic touch panel layouts and programs on VSGI’s server.
- During the job commissioning phase maintain an on-going dialog, ensuring that the systems quality and performance meets job requirements.
- On consultant based projects assist with conducting bid reviews, take-offs and submittal preparation related to control system. On projects requiring specific test procedures and submittals, perform required testing and checkout procedures, and assemble results per the specifications.
- Crestron and/or AMX programming certification.
- System design and engineering experience.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
Visual Systems Group, Inc. (VSGi) is a nationwide system integrator with an eighteen year track record of delivering unsurpassed solutions, service, and products providing end-to-end voice, video, collaboration and networks in the videoconferencing and communications industry.
If you need reasonable accomodation to complete this application process please email email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.