Summary of Recent Changes
Transparency: We’ve explained choices and control individuals have over their information. We’ve provided additional details regarding the information we collect and how we process this information
Data Control: We’ve described how individuals can access, correct or delete their personal data from our systems as appropriate.
Last modified 05/25/2018
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in Visual Systems Group, Inc. (“VSGi,” “we,” or “us”) and our website www.vsgi.com (“Site”), products, services and applications (the “Services”).
This policy describes our practices handling information we collect and your data protection rights. It describes how we collect data, why we collect it, and how you can update, manage, review, and delete your information.
This policy only covers VSGi’s practices regarding personal information. It does not apply to information collected by any third party, including through any third-party application or content (including advertising) that links to our is accessible from our Site or Services.
We collect information you provide to us when visiting our Site. This includes your full name, address, email address, phone number, product purchases, employment information, and any other information you choose to provide us.
We may collect this information through site registrations, surveys, applications, subscriptions, or through any other method.
We collect information relating to your interactions with us and our Site, such as unique identifier information (e.g., customer number or password), transaction information (e.g., dates on which customers made purchases, and the amounts and types of purchases), aggregate information on what pages you access or visit, your geographic location, and other information we collect through the use of multiple technologies, such as the following:
Cookies and Web Beacons
Third Party Analytics Providers
We use third party analytics providers, such as Google Analytics, to collect information about the usage of our Site and effectiveness of advertising campaigns to enable us to improve these programs and Services.
You may opt out of Google Analytics data collection here.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To deliver the content of our Site, including to improve the content of our Site as well as its advertisements, notify Site visitors about updates, and recognize Site visitors;
- To deliver products and services you request, including membership benefits and subscriptions to our publications;
- To advertise and market our products and services, including through mail and telephonic methods;
- To process applications;
- To respond to your inquiries or contact you as you request;
- As required to enable our business, including for analytics purposes;
- To protect the security of our interests, including our premises, assets, and systems;
- To comply with the law; or
- As otherwise disclosed at the time personal data is collected.
We do not use automatic decision-making or engage in profiling.
Where we intend to use or otherwise process your personal data for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was collected, we will provide you with information regarding the purpose for the processing, as well as other relevant information, prior to processing your personal data for the new purpose.
We share your personal data with the following third party vendors who process data on behalf of VSGi, such as:
- Vendor technology partners who sell products or provide services through VSGi;
- Event registration companies who provide registration services for our trade shows and conferences;
- Email service providers who facilitate our email communications;
- Direct marketing providers who fulfill any print and related mailings;
- Web hosting providers who track and analyze our website performance and related analytics;
- As part of a corporate sale, merger, or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, or to protect our rights or the rights of third parties;
- Other services as used by VSGi to facilitate business functionality as required;
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We may share information that has been anonymized or aggregated without limitation.
Third-Party Links and Tools
The Site may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with these features on the Site, those companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public.
European Union Visitors
This section applies to those that visit our site from the European Union.
Lawful Basis for Processing
On certain occasions, we process your personal data when it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, such as to provide services to you that you have requested. We may also process your personal data to respond to your inquiries concerning our products and services.
On other occasions, we process your personal data where required by law. We may also process your personal data if necessary to protect your interests or the interests of a third party.
Additionally, we process your personal data when necessary to do so for direct marketing purposes and this interest is not overridden by your data protection rights. Where we process your personal data for this purpose, our legitimate interest is to carry out our activities in furtherance of the well-being of all our employees and members.
If the processing of personal data is necessary and there is no statutory basis for such processing, we will ask for your consent to process your personal data. You have the right to withdraw your consent to processing of personal data at any time.
If you wish to exercise the right to withdraw consent, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfers of Personal Data
Personal data we collect may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, country, or other jurisdiction, where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your location. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store personal data in the United States.
You must be at least 18 years of age to submit any User Materials or Personal Data on or through the Services, create a public profile, or participate in any online contests. If your child is under age 16 and has provided personal data to the Services, please contact us at email@example.com for deletion of the data.
We employ physical, technical, and other organizational safeguards to ensure an appropriate level of security for personal data, taking into account the state of the art, the costs of implementation and the nature, scope, context, and purposes of processing as well as the risk of varying likelihood and security for the rights and freedoms of natural persons. In assessing the appropriate level of security account is taken in particular of the risks that are presented by processing, in particular from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed.
You have a right to the following:
- To request access to the personal data we hold about you;
- To request that we rectify or erase your personal data;
- To request that we restrict or block the processing of your personal data;
- Under certain circumstances, to receive personal data about you that we store and transmit to another without hindrance from us, including requesting that we provide your personal data directly to another, i.e., a right to data portability; and
- Where we previously obtained your consent, to withdraw consent to processing your personal data.
To exercise these rights, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
As described in this privacy notice, we may also make your personal information available to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Pursuant to California Civil Code § 1798.83, no more than once per calendar year, you may request that we send you via mail or email: (1) the categories of personal information disclosed to those third parties; and (2) the names and addresses of those third parties. To request this information, please contact us at email@example.com
Additionally, you have the right to lodge a complaint against us. To do so, contact the supervisory authority in your country of residence.
We will process and store your personal data only for the period necessary to achieve the purpose of the storage, or as permitted by law. The criteria used to determine the period of storage of personal data is the respective statutory retention period. After expiration of that period, the corresponding data is routinely deleted, as long as it is no longer necessary for the fulfillment of a contract or the initiation of a contract.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
If you have questions, comments, or concerns about this privacy notice, please contact us using the following information:
Visual Systems Group Inc. (VSGi)
7900 Westpark Drive
McLean, VA 22102
(703) 848-8200 Main
(703) 848-8211 Fax