Videoconferencing and A/V Field Service Technician
VSGi has immediate openings for our Videoconferencing and A/V Field Service Technicians. This is a tremendous opportunity for a talented professional to advance your career in one of the fastest growing technology industries.
For successful professionals, the position provides a tremendous opportunity to continue to develop and expand their skills and work with one of the most tenured technical teams in the industry.
The position(s) require significant travel throughout the US.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation, configuration, integration and test of videoconferencing, audiovisual equipment (videoconferencing, multimedia, audiovisual, projection systems, displays, cameras, microphones, integrated A/V systems, document cameras, streaming technologies, etc.) and collaboration technologies
- Integration and configuration of videoconferencing and A/V equipment with Crestron and AMX control systems
- Conduct onsite user and administrative training to customers on the operation of installed equipment, software and networks
- Integration, test, configuration and trouble-shooting of IP and ISDN networks in support of videoconferencing and A/V equipment
- Provide support to VSGi’s Helpdesk by trouble-shooting videoconferencing and A/V equipment and network issues through to resolution
- Conduct customer site surveys and provide sales engineering support
- Prepare detailed installation, trouble-ticket reports and maintenance of customer service profiles
- 3-5 years of related experience in support and trouble-shooting of videoconferencing and A/V technologies and networks
- BA or BS degree desired and/or equivalent work experience
- Strong knowledge of Polycom, Tandberg, LifeSize and legacy videoconferencing systems required
- Demonstrated experience installing and configuring Polycom, Tandberg, Radvision and Codian MCUs, gateways, gatekeepers, and infrastructure hardware and software
- Knowledge and familiarity with the installation, configuration and trouble-shooting of Crestron and AMX control systems
- Certified Video Engineer (CVE) preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of H.323, H.320 and SIP networks
- Working knowledge of videoconferencing standards
- VoIP and networking experience a plus
- Strong customer service and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise good judgment
- CAD and Visio skills a plus
- Strong project management skills, detailed oriented and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Solid problem solving and consultative skills in a fast paced environment
Visual Systems Group, Inc. (VSGi) is a nationwide system integrator with an eighteen year track record of delivering unsurpassed solutions, service, and products providing end-to-end voice, video, collaboration and networks in the videoconferencing and communications industry.
If you need reasonable accomodation to complete this application process please email email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.