Accounts Receivable Specialist
VSGi has an immediate opening for an Accounts Receivable Specialist in our McLean, VA office. This is a tremendous opportunity for a talented professional to advance your career in one of the fastest growing technology industries and to continue to develop and expand their skills by working within VSGi’s Accounting Team.
Only candidates with strong collections experience and Excel proficiency are eligible for this position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish and manage a strong working relationship with an assigned book of VSGi customers
- Research and respond in a timely manner to customer billing inquiries (i.e., via phone and email)
- Perform daily collection calls with customers to facilitate timely payment of outstanding invoices
- Utilize Excel to create a variety of customer reports (e.g., customer account statements, manual invoices, customer account reconciliations and ad hoc reporting)
- Identify and resolve customer billing and invoicing issues (both simple and complex); must maintain an updated record of the status on assigned accounts
- Process customer credit card purchases (which involves manually calculating sales tax); Accurate and timely posting of these deposits into our accounting system and maintaining careful records of these transactions
- Direct report to the Controller
Required Skills and Experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- 1-3 years of recent billing and collections experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks or projects at a time
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers; internal customers would refer to project managers, sales reps and department managers
- Strong time management skills (i.e., ability to effectively prioritize tasks assigned)
Visual Systems Group, Inc. (VSGi) is a national systems integrator with over 25 years experience delivering unsurpassed solutions, service, and products providing end-to-end voice, video, collaboration and networks in the videoconferencing and communications industry.
If you need reasonable accomodation to complete this application process please email email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.